You could also try out my looping classes if you want to loop a dynamically loaded mp3 : http://lab.daroost.ca/2007/02/25/sondloop2-revisited-musicbuilder-soundobject/

To loop only 1 sound file use the SoundObject Class, to create a song based on multiple files and looping that new song, use the MusicBuilder Class. You specify the number of milliseconds that the silence gap added lasts (usually around 25ms).

The other solution, as mentioned in he other posts, is to reencode your MP3 file, or import it as Steven said. But WAV format is much better for the latest (or AIFF on Mac), you'll have to take into account the added weight to your swf.

HTH

Alain

Mike Duguid wrote:
You can also edit the mp3 frames directly using mp3directcut which can help
without having to rencode.
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html