Hi,

I am developing an application where I would like to use Flex to talk to
some dlls / exe installed on the local machine, through a browser.

The DLLs (and or) EXE will be installed using an installer.

The workflow I would like working on the client machine is the swf (created
by Flex) getting loaded in the browser and communicating with the dlls
installed on the machine.

I guess one way would be to use External Interface and do a

   Action Script <-> Java Script <-> ActiveX  (for IE) / np dll (for FF)

I would like to avoid installing any new activex control for my application.
I do not need any GUI for my application either.

Is there another way to directly communicate with the dlls and completely
avoid activex (or equivalent in FF) ?

Also, material on ExternalInterface to Win32 C++ dlls communication seems
really sparse. Can some one point me in the right direction ?

Regards,
Bharat Varma

--
There are 2 kinds of people in this world -
1. Those who don't need closure.