Tom,

Yes it is correct. But it doesn't work...The whole text is displayed
correctly in the right font but euro signs are just leftout.
while plain static text displays the euro sign perfectly..

I spent some time on this problem and eventually solved it. I can't remember
the details but the solution is based on two key bits of information

There are actually two character codes for the Euro symbol - a unicode one and
an ASCII one. Different typefaces have them in different places:

So I use character code \u20AC to put a Euro in the menu (AS2 menu component)
And character code \u00A4 to insert a euro character in Futura.

I found the only reliable way to embed the Euro character is to create a dummy
dynamic textfield with the Euro in it and set to your specified font and
typestyle (bold etc). Make sure the font is embedded and explicitly specify
the euro in the emded box.

Hope this is helpful

Joe