>>I do have another question. I need my flash application to
>>communicate to the servers. Its an applications that updates
>>data server side. How is the accomplished in flash?

Many many different ways - what server side scripting is available to
you?  C#?  PHP?  JSP?  ASP? ColdFusion? Java? VBScript?
What database is available to you?  You'll need to use server-side
scripting to connect to the database.

Once you have the database and server-side scripting set up, you can use
the Flash Webservices classes, Flash Remoting, LoadVars, or
getURL()/Get/Post, etc.  - several ways in Flash - to connect to the
server-side scripts.

I've tried several of those methods in Flash and personally found
Webservices (WSDL) with C# .NET the easiest and most flexible way to
communicate with server-side scripting.  It's not the smallest packet
transfer since it's SOAP (XML format), but it's very flexible and easy
and allows for complex data types to be transferred.  The Webservice
classes will get you started, just google webservices and Flash.  Then
you need to set up a WSDL Webservice in your server-side script.

Remoting is also a good way, but I found it overly complex and somewhat
buggy at times (at least combined with ColdFusion).

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O Learning & Leadership Development
eTools & Multimedia Team