Cedric, this is good but,
before i go into implementing yet more new code, let me ask something first:
"What could explain the fact the project works well when testing the movie in the authoring environment but not at run time?" "What are the issues that could prevent it from finding/displaying one swf file and not the other?"

I will try your code because. at least it may trace the error for me but the original question is still 'lurking' ;)

Cheers
JohnT

Cedric Muller wrote:

By the way,
you might want to loop up the MovieClipLoader class, which is somewhat very useful ;)
I personally recommend you this technique.

var mclListenerObj = new Object();
mclListenerObj.onLoadInit = function (target_mc:MovieClip) {
    trace("loaded "+target_mc);
}
var mcl = new MovieClipLoader();
mcl.addListener(mclListenerObj);
mcl.loadClip("showcase.swf", showContainer_mc);

Lookup MovieClipLoader in the Help files. You get a list of all available events (onLoadStart, onLoadProgress, onError, ..)
and more ;)

hth,
Cedric