dunc,
hey, thanks for the info, I changed it to stream and it seems to have helped. thanks!

  Jay

On Jun 18, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Duncan Reid wrote:

Hi Jay,

If it's set to 'event' it will play pretty much independant of the timeline and if your machine is beefy enough to keep up with the animations while
it's playing you probably wouldn't have noticed it.

if you set it to 'stream' it will play at your movies framerate and skip frames to keep up with the audio if it has to, if the animations are too
much. if you have it set to event now and switch it to stream you'll
probably have to move some keyframes around to sync everything back up.

the 'event / stream' settings are in the properties tab. click the first keyframe where the audio is, check to see if it's set to 'stream' or 'event'
under the 'sync' option.  I'm not sure what it defaults to,  i vaguely
remember it defaulting to 'event'.

if this is in fact the issue your experiencing, you'll just have a little
extra work on your hands moving some stuff around to sync up.

hope this helps,
Dunc