empty SWF file: 34 bytes
empty movieClip (SWF): (57 bytes - 34)  23 bytes
empty movieClip with 'id = 2;' put in its timeline code: 75 bytes

so, that *would* mean:
the base SWF file takes 34 bytes
an empty MovieClip costs: (57 - 34) 23 bytes
assigning 'id = 2'; to an empty MovieClip's timeline adds: (75 - 57) 18 bytes if you don't assign a value to id, id would take 2bytes less, meaning: 16 bytes

ok, ok,
I am always wrong, but maybe you can get something out of it

Cedric

Hi to all the Flashcoders,

I have a question.
How much memory does a movieclip takes at run time?

For example If I m creating a movieclip with createEmptyMovieClip, How much
memory it will take?

And one more thing related to this

If I m assigning one property to the movieclip
like
My_mc.id = 2
How much memory this "id" property will take?

Regards
Sumeet Kumar