> Are you testing this within the IDE?  Just a guess, but
> perhaps you need to Control>Disable Keyboard Shortcuts

It's a good idea, but I don't think that's it - the key press is getting
through fine, it's just that the onChanged isn't happening.

I've hacked a solution by setting a flag in the onKeyDown event and manually
running onChanged in onEnterFrame if it hasn't been triggered. It works
fine, but it's still weird. As it happens, the same problem occurs in
reverse too: I can delete a carriage return without triggering onChanged
either (I decided I can live with this problem in this particular case)

Danny