Hi Flash Friends,

attachMovie works on a clip that is inside a clip that has been loaded
by attachMovie but fails on a clip that is inside a clip loaded with
loadMovie.

This should be so easy, but it is simply not working. I'd appreciate any
tips pointing me to the part that I don't understand ...

The setup:

- Main movie (mainMovie)

- A symbol (person1)

- A symbol (template1) that contains a movieClip (chair1)

- A swf (template2) in the same folder as the Main movie that contains a
similar movieClip (chair2)

THIS WORKS:

Load the symbol (template1) using attachMovie

    attachMovie(template1, "mainMovie", 250); //hardcoded depth here for
clearness

On release of a button, attach a symbol to a the chair1 movieClip inside
template1

    template1.chair1.attachMovie("person1", "person1", 101); //hardcoded
depth here for clearness

THIS DOESN'T WORK:
(keeping everything the same except loading the movie from an external
source...)

Load the swf (template2.swf) using loadMovie

   mainMovie.loadMovie(chosenTemplate);

On release of a button, attach a symbol to a the chair2 movieClip inside
template1

    Template2.chair2.attachMovie("person1", "person1", 101); //hardcoded
depth here for clearness

Is there some limitation to attachMovie that I'm missing? Any guesses,
suggestions, ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Bell
IT Manager
University of Colorado Law School
My home phone which forwards to me while I'm out of town: 303-443-9621
[EMAIL PROTECTED]