Hello list,
I have a question on preloading mp3's. When I start preloading the mp3 I set the isstreaming to false. Then I check the bytesloaded compared to bytestotal en when that is 100% procent it means all is loaded When I start preloading the sound, I also delegate the function onLoad of the sound Object. I put a trace inside this delegated onLoad method and that fires much later after the 100% loaded is fired?

I noticed that when the mp3 is 100% loaded according to the BytesLoaded, and I start the sound by creating a new sound object and using the same url as the preloaded mp3, but setting the streaming flag to true, it stills takes some time, as it seems to buffer the sound. Shouldn't is start immediatedly, as it was preloaded before and is resisiding in the browser cache?

How is this possible and what is the best way then to preload a mp3.

Many thanx

Jiri