Hello :)

in flash8 you must use the ExternalInterface class :)

if ( ExternalInterface.available )
{
    ExternalInterface.call( "openWindow" , params.... ) ;
}

EKA+ :)

2007/7/3, Jay Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

so I've been working on a new flash project that opens new windows to
display details of projects.  well, I noticed that if I publish the
swf as Flash 8, the java script won't work.  is this a common
problem?  or am I just putting the wrong code in?
   this is what I'm using on the flash side::

on (release) {
     getURL("javascript:openWindow('http://www.dillingerkovach.com/
specdetail.html','newWindow','toolbar=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable
=0,width=450,height=250,left=120,top=180')");
}

is there another way to do it?  it's not really a problem, because
I'm not using anything in my swf that actually needs to be published
as Flash 8 (filters or the like).  but some day I might...any ideas?

  Jay