From: Jer Brand [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:12 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com; Jer
Subject: [Flashcoders] Flash 8 Accessibility Panel Bug?

Not sure if this is new, or if I'm just doing something stupid so I'm asking
the experts:

If you include a "Name" or "Description" property in the Accessibility Panel
that includes quotes (" "), the _accProps Object for that MovieClip is not
created.

Has anyone else seen this? Am I just late to the party on it?

I ran into this when creating a class that would create key listeners for
any MovieClip that had an onRelease method and had it's _accProps.shortcut
set to a keyboard shortcut (parsing the "ctrl+", "shift"+, etc). I've been
beating my head against the wall all day, and finally figured out the only
difference between the MovieClips that were working as planned and those
that failed were that the name or description had quotes.

My Mistake or Flash's mistake?  Anyone know if it's been reported (not that
I expect a fix, it's Flash 8, Does CS3 do this?)

I built a little test case to confirm, and if anyone's interested in
pointing out my mistake or just checking my work, feel free.

Steps to re-create:

1: Create a movie with one MovieClip on Stage (contents are unimportant)
named "test_mc"
2: Open the Accessibility panel and set the properties for this movie as
follows:
      a)  Make Object Accessible               checked
      b)  Make child objects accessible      *unchecked*
      c)  Set the name value to be:             This is a "dummy" test Movie
      d)  Set the description value to be:     Description goes "here"
      e)  Set the shortcut field to be:           A
      f)   Set the Tab index field to be          1
3) Place the following code on frame 1

this.onLoad = function()
{
    this.onEnterFrame = init ;