I feel like a bit of an idiot asking this, but I keep getting errors. I'm
creating some custom player skin templates and have some ui elements which
are MovieClips on the stage.
Bearing in mind, this will be a swf loaded into another swf all I'm trying
to do is create class definitions and its throwing errors.

in as2, it would normally be something like name your instance on stage
'btn_fullScreen' and then in the class just type it to have access to it.
private var btn_fullScreen:MovieClip;

So in the document class I have something like this (as3) with a MovieClip
with a matching instance name "fullScreen"  thats on the stage/timeleine but
its clashing when I try and access it from the class.

and I get this error when I try to trace it.

1151: A conflict exists with definition fullScreen in namespace internal.

package com.foo.view.playerSkins {

   import flash.display.MovieClip;

   public class SkinInventory extends MovieClip{

       private var fullScreen:MovieClip;

       public function SkinInventory()
       {
           trace(fullScreen)