Hi,

You could write your own proxy to pass the request the for the google map images via your own server.

   Should be fairly simple in PHP / ASP.

Then it would look like the images game from your own server and you would not have Cross domain problems.

   Glen

Andrei Thomaz wrote:
hello,

yes, I guess it uses the script to get the api key. I am using the gmap
component to load some maps in flash, and I had some problems, because flash player doesn't allow me to access the maps as bitmaps. I posted the problem
in afcomponents forum, and the answer can be useful for you:

"The problem lies in Flash Sandbox Security model. You can't access bitmap data of external loaded images. This can be fixed with crossdomain.xml file
that should be put on the G-server and allow access to your server..."

my answer:
"thanks for the answer. Would it be a problem to put a crossdomain.xml file
at www.afcomponents.com, so this kind of problem would be fixed?

I got a API Key, so I could access the images through my server but, in this case, I would have to re-write the gateway that is at AFC server, written in
ASP. That is what I could understand: the .swf loads the images from AFC
server, that uses a ASP gateway to access Google Maps. Am I right? "

"Nope, unfortunately this is not the way it works. The tile images are
loaded DIRECTLY from the G-servers. Out server is used for loading the
copyright information only. The only solution here will be a
crossdomain.xmlfile on G-server which is not possible..."

I hope this is useful,
andrei

Hi
Has anyone used the free gmaps component from afcomponents.com?

I noticed that the component calls a php script on the afcomponent site.

Does anyone know the purpose of this?

I'm assuming its simply a way to bypass the need for individual api keys.

[e] jbach at bitstream.ca
[c] 416.668.0034
[w] www.bitstream.ca