Thanks for that.

I checked the swfobject website and did not see any information on
F9/AS3 testing and upgrading.

Did I just miss it?

On 7/13/07, Jim Berkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Of course, if the swf is compiled F9/AS3, you would test for F9. You do know
that the express install has changed for F9? Now you don't include the express
install code in your main swf, but use the provided swf - expressinstall.swf -
and reference it this way:

                <strong>You need to upgrade your Flash Player</strong>
                This is replaced by the Flash content.
                Place your alternate content here and users without the Flash
plugin or with
                Javascript turned off will see this. Content here allows you to leave out
<code>noscript</code>
                tags. Include a link to <a
href="expressinstall.html?detectflash=false">bypass the detection</a> if you wish.

        <script type="text/javascript">
                // <![CDATA[

                var so = new SWFObject("mySwf.swf", "sotester", "300", "300", "9",
"#FF6600");
                so.useExpressInstall('expressinstall.swf');
                so.write("flashcontent");

                // ]]>
        </script>

jimbo

On 7/13/2007 at 12:33 AM Count Schemula wrote:

>If I'm doing a site in F9/AS3 is it enough to use swfobject just have
>it test for player 9 and force upgrade accordingly?
>
>It's a small personal site and I won't be making am F8/AS2 version.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>count_schemula
>
>Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
>Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
>http://www.figleaf.com
>http://training.figleaf.com

count_schemula