I cannot get a dynamic text field to display Chinese characters from XML. Results vary from question marks in the field, to "undefined," to blank. What should happen is that Flash derives elements from the XML and displays them in the textfield. I'm using XMLSA to parse the xml.

Another language (French) works fine. Anyone have a Chinese example that works? Here's what I've got so far:
   * TrueType font is SimSun.
* XML is being saved as UTF-8 in TextPad and declares UTF-8 as the encoding language. Also tried this all using NotePad. Got both text editors to show the Chinese characters as the actual characters and also as boxes. Tried saving as UTF-8 and also as Big-Endian. I'm using CDATA around all text.
   * XML is being pasted from MS Word. Also tried pasting from Excel.
* Flash textfield: Set for HTML. I've tried various combinations of embedding Chinese characters, including embedding ALL Chinese characters (lots of bytes!). I've also tried populating the text field with ALL the Chinese text, and using "Auto-fill" to embed those characters. I'm not using any bolding or italics.

I'm losing hair over this and would really appreciate either a working example (including the xml and flash files) or some more troubleshooting methods.

Thanks,
Marc