what you are describing sounds like a load and not streaming. streaming is
when something like fms or red5 comes into play, but downloading it via
http://lala.com/lala.mp3, yes it should cache depending on how you query it
(a query string will cause some issues with using the cached version if the
querystring changes) but otherwise the browser should serve from the cache.
its not flash caching its the host of the active x control.

> Hiya, just a quick question I can't seem to find in the documentation. I
> am making an online flash app that streams mp3s. Once the user has listened
> to a song play once and then the function to loadSound is triggered again to
> play the streaming mp3 again, will Flash download the mp3 again from the
> server (thus using more bandwidth!) or will it play from a cached version?
> if so, how much is the default cache?
> Thanks!
> Dan

j:pn