I used the term Creative Developer. :)

Mikeg

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mario
Gonzalez
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 12:02 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Re: [OT] Improve my design skills

Developer is definitely the BEST term to describe that. I also gave up :)

You say coder, to most people they already automatically think c++...
which makes them intern assume you can't think with the left side of
your brain.
Graphic designer, from my experience people then assume you know don't
know a variable from a zebra.

You say developer, and they don't really even know what that actually
entails, at which point they can ask you what that means and you can
tell them:

I use code to make things work, during that process I figure out what
works best /  doesn't work / looks nicest and make changes to it.

mario
http://www.onedayitwillmake.com