Eric - firstly, what's that quote from? I can't find it on either Tinic's
site or the Yahoo site he links to.

Secondly, the Adobe press announcement seems quite clear:

"as well as hardware accelerated, multi-core enhanced full screen video
playback."

That's hardware acceleration _for the playback of video_.

That's nothing to do with talking to the 3D rendering pipeline.

Ian