Well I'm calling getObjectsUnderPoint from the TileEngine. I could see if i was calling it from the parent, or the document class, because TileEngine would be a child of it. However calling getObjectsUnderPoint, shouldn't return the calling object since that object is not a child of itself.

Anyone have any idea why this is?

Mario Gonzalez wrote:
Why might this happen.
I'm calling getObjectsUnderPoint, and it's returning the calling object as part of the array.

---
this.getObjectsUnderPoint(new Point(10, 10));
---
called from the TileEngine instance returns this array:

--
[object TileEngine],[object Tile]
--

checking to see if it's infact the same,

--
trace(this.getObjectsUnderPoint(new Point(10, 10))[0] === this);
--

returns true!?????

Documentation states:
/Returns an array of objects that lie under the specified point and are *children *(or grandchildren, and so on) of *this *DisplayObjectContainer instance/

anyone know why i might be getting this strange behavior?