Hi, sorry if this is a PHP question....I'm trying to work with this more on the Flash side, so I hope its a Flash question.

I have a PHP script online that serves to write binary image data from my Flex/AIR app: $f = fopen($path,"w"); fwrite($f, $GLOBALS[ 'HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA' ] );
fclose($f);

On the Flash side:

   var jpgtosave:JPGEncoder = new JPGEncoder();
   var rawdata:ByteArray =  jpgtosave.encode(bitmap);
var header:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader ("Content-type", "application/octet-stream");
   var myRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest (path);
   myRequest.requestHeaders.push (header);
   myRequest.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
   myRequest.data = rawdata;

   var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
   loader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.BINARY;
   loader.load(myRequest);

This works great, but now I want to use that same PHP script to upload a text file. The reason I want to keep the PHP script the same is because the end user actually sets the upload location, and I think it would be overly complicated to have them choose two different upload script locations.

Anyway, no matter what I try, the text file that's written to the server is done correctly, except the contents of it are always the file's URL instead of the text that I wanted. I realize there are better ways to upload text through PHP, but as I said, I'd like to use the same script as my JPG uploads.

Here's some things I tried:
1. Changing the request header to "Content-type", "text/plain"
2. Changing the URLLoaderDataFormat to TEXT
3. Writing out my text's string to binary through ByteArray.writeObj
4. Taking my binary data directly from a FileStream

So, as you guys can see I'm stabbing in the dark! I assume that I'm somehow encoding the data wrong to get to the server. Maybe I need a file header as the com.adobe JPGEncoder gives the JPG a header, likewise I should give my text file a header. Does it have to be binary data to use with my PHP script?

Thanks!
ben