EEColor,

> I remember asking the same question years ago. The answer was something like
> this:
>
> SharedObject.getRemote("my_so", "rtmp:/./..", "/");
>
> I am not completely sure and do not have time to test it. As I forgot my
> mailing list password I couldnt search the archives... And next to that, I'm
> not sure if it still works in the current players.

Yeah, good thinking, it was originally mentioned here
http://www.thoughtsabout.net/blog/archives/000003.html

As mentioned on the blog, (and I've tested this) and it sadly no longer works
in Flash 8, or 9.

Rakos,
>Movies running in different sandboxes cannot access shared objects of
>each other.

Yes, that makes sense, except for 2 things:

1) As far as I can tell, they should NOT be in separate sandboxes, they use the
exact same code, and are installed in next to the same folder. As far as I can
tell there is no way to specify the domain for a projector to get the desired
behavior.

2) It's also inconsistent. First run it WILL use the same sandbox as the Flash
IDE/etc, then later something will trigger the generation of a new sandbox
(install a second version of the app, or view pandora) then all further
requests go against the new sandbox instead of the original. Meaning the Flash
Player changes it's mind about which domain it thinks it belong to!

My best guess, likely due to it running in a projector without access to URL
information, it's making stuff up.  It doesn't make sense to me.