Sorry if you've had this already, but I didn't receive a copy when I
sent it to the lists yesterday, and Im sure normally it would send to me
too, so Im gonna send it again. G:-)

________________________________

From: Geoff Bower
Sent: 11 September 2007 15:06
To: 'flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com';
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Import images into whiteboard

Hi Guys.

I am currently developing a multi-user whiteboard using Flash Media
Server.  The client wants a user to be able to import an image from
their hard-drive into the whiteboard for all to see.  The most straight
forward solution I can see is for the image to be uploaded to the
server, and then all the client swfs will be able to see it and open it
from the server.  However, this will result in a lot of images building
up on the server that are in reality only ever going to be seen once.

 Does anyone know of a method I can use to transfer the image to other
clients by sending data from within Flash and without having to upload
the original image to the server?  I tried sending a BitmapData object
to the server but it didn't like that.  SharedObjects don't accept
BitmapData objects either, and trying to send a MovieClip with a jpeg
loaded into it didn't work at all.

Any ideas?  It's not essential it works this way, but it would make more
sense for the image data be destroyed once the session is over, and it
saves me chasing up the server developers for another webservice.

Geoff Bower

Developer

MotivatEd

web:      www.MotivatEd.ltd.uk <http://www.MotivatEd.ltd.uk>