When I use:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(InvokeEvent.INVOKE,
onInvoke)

var AppDir;

function onInvoke(e:InvokeEvent) {
    AppDir = e.currentDirectory;
    trace(AppDir.nativePath); // traces the path
}

function switchVideo(st:String) {
    var fileStream:FileStream = new FileStream();
    fileStream.openAsync(AppDir.resolvePath("aA.txt"), FileMode.WRITE);
    fileStream.writeUTFBytes("A");
    fileStream.close();

   trace(AppDir.nativePath); // throws an Error
}

SwitchVideo("Video");

Why AppData is not recognized only in the onInvoke() function dispached by
the Invoke Event?