-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jer
Brand
Sent: 08 January 2008 13:59
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] F9/Flex2: Resource Hit for Flash 8 Embeds?

Okay, random question sparked by Glen Pike's response in another thread:

I was under the impression that any use of Flash 8 assets in a Flex 2
(and by extension Flash 9) by either embedding or loading caused the new
Player to instantiate a virtual FP8 player for each instance.
Does it apply only to loadMovie-ish commands?

Is this correct or did my reading comprehension fail me while first
learning Flex?

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Virtual Universe e-mail
security system - powered by MessageLabs.
http://www.virtual-universe.net

Virtual Universe Ltd, 28-39 The Quadrant, 135 Salusbury Road, London  NW6 6RJ

Tel: +44 (0) 870 788 6000
Fax:     +44 (0) 870 788 6689

Web:    www.virtual-universe.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential and privileged. If you are not the named addressee of this e-mail, you may not copy or use it, or forward or otherwise disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message and then fully delete it from your system.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Amplefuture Group. Amplefuture Group
reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from both external and
internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct and appropriate use of
our communication equipment.

Glen Pike
01736 759321
www.glenpike.co.uk <http://www.glenpike.co.uk>