yes, I have seen problems like these a lot, lately.
Do you gotoAndStop/gotoAndPlay on the timeline?

If so, your timeline does not execute their script as expected?
Timelines are very different in their behavior from AS2 based
timelines. So for example a dynamic textField with the same instance
name given in the Flash IDE but in different keyframes on the same
timeline, is not initialized after a gotoAndStop to that keyframe. It
also losses their dynamically assigned text value and so on...
AFAIK there are only workaround to this problem. You can wait for that
frame to be initialized. An elegant way to do so is to use
addFrameScript.

But perhaps you have a different problem, which relates to pureMVC or the like.

hth,
Matthias