Hello,

I'm trying to set up a newsletter, sending some variables to a PHP script in AS3. The problem is that one of the variable Name/IDs has brackets [] in it and flash does not like this, so I've put the variable in the URLRequest - but it doesn't work either. I'm interested if anyone has any ideas in how to pass this variable to the PHP file. Should I put "group_ids[]=2" in a text file and load that text file in the flash and then pass it to the PHP with the other variables? If so, ideas in how? Thanks for any help.

-Nick

Here's the code I have so far:

           var variables:URLVariables = new URLVariables();
var varSend:URLRequest = new URLRequest("manage/public/listmessenger.php?group_ids[]=2"); //var varSend:URLRequest = new URLRequest("manage/public/listmessenger.php");
           var varLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader;
           varSend.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
           varSend.data = variables;

           emailSubmit.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, sendActions);
           varLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loadComplete);

           function sendActions(event:MouseEvent):void {
               variables.email_address = email_txt.text;
               variables.action = String('subscribe');
                       //variables.group_ids[] = String('2');
               varLoader.load(varSend);
               trace(variables.email_address);