>From the docs:

If you set the embedFonts property to true for a text field, you must
specify a font for that text by using the font property of a
TextFormat object applied to the text field. If the specified font is
not embedded in the SWF file, the text is not displayed.

On 1/23/08, Mendelsohn, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list...
> I've embedded a font that I confirmed in Windows' character map that it has
> the glyphs for ≤ and ≥.  These glyphs trace fine, but they don't appear in my
> textField.  Any idea what I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
> - Michael M.
>

> var objMarkText:TextField = _root.createTextField("tf", 1, 0, 0, 1, 1);
> objMarkText.embedFonts = true;
> var symbol:String = (i==0)?"\u2264":"\u2265";
> objMarkText.text = symbol;
> trace(objMarkText.text);
>
> // traces correctly...but glyph doesn't show up in objMarkText.text

Cory Petosky : Lead Developer : PUNY
1618 Central Ave NE Suite 130
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Office: 612.216.3924