I'm at the final stages of my project.
The thing that I am bothered most now is compile time.

The project has evolved for the past couple of years into a large code base of
Action Script classes.
There are about 300 classes which is 1 MB of source code.
It takes about 20 seconds to compile the program.

I use MTASC compiler, and the IDE is Flash Develop.
As far as I see, there are no cache for compiled classes in MTASC, so it does
not matter whether I've changed one class in the project or all of them the
compiler would compile all the classes.

Native Flash compiler does compilation caching (to ASO files). But it takes
even more time to compile the project using Flash (65 seconds!).

Any ideas how to decrease compile time?

One way would be to break the code base in a number SWFs, compile them
separately and load at runtime. However now this task looks unreal because of
amount of the code base and its complexity.

I wonder if anyone uses this approach with the only purpose to shorten the
compile time of Action Script code.

My project is Action Script 2.0 based.
Maybe the right step is to move to AS 3.0?
Do you know whether this compile caching problem was solved in AS 3.0 Flash and
haXe compiler?

And by the way, which IDE/compiler do you use?