You mean you want to update it all the time(the image size)?

Try sth like this:

private function init():void {

            stage.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,onEnterFrame);
        }
        private function onEnterFrame(event:Event):void {
            var picRatio:Number=picture_mc.width / picture_mc.height; //i
took kenneths code!!
            var stageRatio:Number=stage.stageWidth / stage.stageHeight;
            if (picRatio > stageRatio) {
                picture_mc.width=stage.stageWidth;
                picture_mc.height=picture_mc.width / picRatio;
            } else {
                picture_mc.height=stage.stageHeight;
                picture_mc.width=picture_mc.height * picRatio;

Pedro D.K.