Hello! I am not a headhunter, just a lone programmer whose shop needs more man-hours than I can generate. I'm posting this to Flashcoders, Flexcoders, and Flash_Tiger because I know there are more smart freelancers on these lists than on every craigslist in the world.

My small interactive media company wants to build a fairly ambitious internal project -- a framework for building product configurators with potentially complex constraints. We'd be using AS3 and almost certainly Flex. Unfortunately, I'm the only programmer, and I'm up to my ears in deadline-intensive work. We hope to hire a contractor (consultant, freelancer) to collaborate with us on the design and handle 99% of the implementation.

This is a framework we're going to have to live with for a long time, so we're eager to get it right. That's why we want to hire someone with better-than-average design and coding skills. Behold, our ideal contractor:

* At least five years programming experience, and enough AS3/Flex experience to feel confident. I don't buy the "years of experience myth," but I do buy the value of _general_ programming experience. * Experience with, or at least eagerness to use, unit and functional testing. * Experience building/populating applications from XML declarations. (This is a classic Flash thing, so probably goes without saying.) * Enough object-oriented experience to know how to keep a design from exploding into a pattern souffle. * A clear and eloquent coding style. We love descriptive variable names and doc comments. * Ideally, framework experience: we want to generate mini-applications by binding external data into a Flex/AS3 scaffolding. * Domain-specific knowledge like boolean satisfiability or relationship graphing would be great, but not required.

No restrictions on location, telecommuting is fine. I am NOT in charge of compensation, but it would be competitive, bearing in mind that it would be a moderately large project under minimal time pressure. Excellent English preferred. You'd be keeping in touch via email, IM, and phone, and performing regular checkins to our source control system for code reviews.

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank you!

Alan MacDougall
The Phoenix Group