-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glen Pike
Sent: 29 February 2008 13:57
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] External Interface + Google Analytics + IE7

Hi,

    Does anyone have any ideas about this?

    Glen

Glen Pike wrote:
Hi,

I have encountered a problem with an ExternalInterface.call causing IE7 to throw a JS error.

   I get an error message saying:
   Line: 1
   Char 14:
   Error: Expected ';'
   Code: 0;
So, my guessing is that somewhere the ExternalInterface call is not adding a semi-colon, but that IE 7 maybe getting it's knickers in a twist. Either way, it's annoying and my tracking is not working. Can anyone shed light on this - I am using so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always"); with SWFObject too.
     Ta

   Glen

   AS code is like this:
             var page:String = evt.type.substr(5);
                     if (ExternalInterface.available) {
               ExternalInterface.call ("trackTesting", page);
           }

Have also tried calling the pageTracker object directly - ExternalInterface.call("pageTracker._trackPageview", page); - but no joy.

   JS Code is like this:

       <script type="text/javascript">
       // <![CDATA[
       var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-DELETED");
       pageTracker._initData();
       pageTracker._trackPageview();
             function trackTesting(page) {
           alert("before " + page);