Try port 8889 instead - that's the MAMP default for MySQL.

Anthony Cintron wrote:
I posted this problem on Yahoo Groups FlexCoders, but I figured I can give
the FlashCoders a try...

I'm having major issues with connecting to my localhost database. The link
below shows the generated link when I click on the Test Connection.

How I setup my flex app:

Create Flex Project > Application server type: PHP

Configure PHP Server > /Applications/MAMP/htdocs > root URL:
http://localhost:8888

Validate Configuration (clicked) and it is a success. I then go to Create
Application from Databas:

Connection > New > name: test > Host URL : localhost > Database: database
name > username: username > password: password > Test Connection (clicked).

I then receive the following errors:

http://privatepaste.com/320YZcjCi6

- Anthony

Glen Pike