Hey there, I just saw this thread :)

I do tend to hang on Flash Tiger more these days (Hi Kerry!), but I was
skimming through some threads here and this has caught my eye.

The Hebrew project has been a total headache, but in the end I found one
solution out there that was very helpful as a starting point. It's
programmed for Hebrew, but you can add your own characters, so it should
work with Arabic. You can find it here: http://www.electroinn.com/blog/

Basically what it does, it breaks down the text field into a bunch of text
fields, and populates them word by word. So it handles a combination of RTL
and LTR quite well.
Don't forget that the text field should be using device fonts (non-embedded)
and you must have RTL fonts (Arabic in your case) support enabled in the
Control Panel for the text to flow in the right direction in the first
place.

The Class is not 100% and you may need to customise it a bit, but it's the
best solution I've seen so far.

Hope this helps,
Karina

Checked by AVG.