Micky,

This thread became a Flash IDE versus FlexBuilder/other tool discussion but,
back to your original question, you can still code, and find resources to
help, AS3 in Flash.

I recently co-wrote a book with this in mind, for Flash users wanting to
learn AS3. It's definitely aimed at beginners, though.

Here's a tinyurl link to Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/329c36

Rich