Man Here is what I wrote.

*

public* *class* A_window *extends* MovieClip{

*public* static *const* CLOSE:String = *"close"*;

*public* *function* A_window() {

initListeners();

}

*private* *function* initListeners():*void* {

*this*.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, handleListener);

}

*private* *function* handleListener(e:MouseEvent):*void* {

dispatchEvent(A_window.CLOSE);

*trace*(*"Dispatched"*);

in The FLA

*

public* *class* Amlak *extends* Sprite {

*public* *function* Amlak() {

*trace*(*"Application Started"*);

Init();

}

*public* *function* Init():*void* {

*for*(*var* i:int; i<6; i++) {

*var* MyWindow:A_window = *new* A_window();

MyWindow.x = Math.random()*500;

MyWindow.y = Math.random()*500;*
*

MyWindow.addEventListener(MyWindow.CLOSE, onClose);*
*

addChild(MyWindow);

*public* *function* onClose(e:Event):*void* {

    trace("It Works!");

The error is

" 1119: Access of possibly undefined property CLOSE through a reference with
static type A_window. "

It does not work.
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Merrill, Jason <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>nope this is not working..
>
> Ambiguous posts like that always make me laugh.  "You told me my car
> needs a new radiator - so I replaced it, but my car still does not
> work."  Do see any kind of problem with that?  :) Explain what you did
> in order for us to determine why it's not working - what I described
> should work, so the only thing I can tell you is you must have done
> something differently.
>
> Jason Merrill
> Bank of America
> GT&O and Risk L&LD Solutions Design & Development
> eTools & Multimedia
>
> Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community
>

> Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
> ideas and technologies?
> Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.

Omar M. Fouad - Digital Emotions
http://www.omarfouad.net