Jonathon:

In any other language, the scope would be as you describe. AS3 doesn't
have block-level scoping -- the most local scope is always the
function. Declaring a variable anywhere but the first line of a
function is a lie -- the VM declares all variables as the first set of
operations after pushing the function call on the stack.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Andrew Sinning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are correct Jonathan, but loop blocks are delimited by brackets, so
>  the "for ( ... )" declaration is outside of the loop block.
>

>  jonathan howe wrote:
>  > I had always thought that the scope of variables declared in the
>  > initialization part of the for loop were local to the loop block

Cory Petosky : Lead Developer : PUNY
1618 Central Ave NE Suite 130
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Office: 612.216.3924