Thank you all for replying. It really made things clearier and some of the points made I really didn't think of yet, for instance the code libs. I really didnt take the time to develop those into consideration.

Seems like a hell of a job to value code, I prefer coding :0

Again thanks,

Jiri

Ian Thomas wrote:
I'd be very careful how you proceed with this, but at the end of the
day it's your own judgement.

It also rather depends on how much of what you've written for the
client is solely for that client - you will never reuse it - or if
you're depending on code libraries you've previously developed and
plan to continue on developing.

With our projects, the price to develop the project is assuming our
(extensive) code libraries already exist. So if a client asks for
source code, I'll tend to quote them for the project development time
+ all the time to (re)develop all those libraries (and associated
testing etc.). And I'll explain the reasons behind it.

At that point they look at the numbers, look uncomfortable, and say
'okay, well, maybe we don't want the source code, then.'

:-)

Ian

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Jiri Heitlager