Hi Corban, Marcelo,

>Marcelo Volmaro wrote:
> I did that code :)

Absolutely! And thank you again. Awesome! (Corban and I corresponded on the
topic, offlist, back when the Flashcoders list was down for so very long.)

> check if I'm in DST

And that, Corban, is the trick. At least for me. My World Clock
implementation allows for the display of multiple clocks simultaneously. So
how does one correctly display the DST transitions across a number of
timezones?

I modified Marcelo's code to get DST start and end times (in milliseconds)
down to the last second before the transition. So now I can check to see if
the current time falls between start and end (add an hour) or not. But that
is not enough!

Is DST observed at the remote location? If yes then:

According to the client machine's clock settings:
Is DST observed locally?
Is DST currently in effect locally?

Is start < end (Northern Hemisphere)?
If local DST is in effect is the calculated time less than start?
If local DST is in effect is the calculated time greater than end?

Is start > end (Southern Hemisphere)?
If local DST is in effect is the calculated time less than end?
If local DST is in effect is the calculated time greater than start?
If local DST is in effect is the calculated time greater than end and less
than start?

Etc...

If there is an elegant way of doing this I would love to hear it!

Regards,

-Keith
http://keithreinfeld.home.comcast.net