It's valid both in a frame script in an IDE and in an AS3 class
compiled via mxmlc. I suspect it's also valid in an <mx:script> block,
but I didn't bother testing.

Actually give it a try before telling me it doesn't work. :)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Steven Sacks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Valid where?  If that's in a class function and i is not a class
>  variable, then the compiler will complain that you're using an
>  undeclared variable.
>

>  Cory Petosky wrote:
>  > I guess I should have provided an example when I mentioned no block
>  > level scoping. Try this on for size:
>  >
>  > for (i = 0; i < 10; ++i); // Do nothing but increment i
>  > var i:int;
>  > trace(i);
>  >
>  > This is totally valid code and will trace 10! ALL variable
>  > declarations in a function, regardless of the block the variable is
>  > declared in, are performed as the function is pushed on the stack.
>  >

Cory Petosky : Lead Developer : PUNY
1618 Central Ave NE Suite 130
Minneapolis, MN 55413