>>I don't speak for the OT here, just a comment to your earlier
>>comment that AS3 made XPath obsolete. This is not really true.
>>
>>It is true that with E4X you have almost the same
>>functionality as XPath, but E4X fails badly if your query
>>comes from an external source, like if your application needs
>>to deal with arbitrary XML and the queries are dynamic in
>>nature (for example provided by a user, etc).

OK, so I'll concede AS3 only 98% makes it obsolete. :)

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations L&LD
eTools & Multimedia

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.