Obie, have you made sure the fields are using the embedded version of the
font? Just embedding the font doesn't do anything. After embedding, you need
to switch the font from the system version to the embedded version.

Because you mentioned several clips, you can do this globally (if desired)
using Find and Replace.

On 5/13/08 10:51 AM, "Allandt Bik-Elliott (Receptacle)" wrote:

> Hi guys - this is probably something really obvious but it's got me a
> bit stumped (sorry it's a little OT but i can't find any answers)
>
> I have several movieclips containing a static textfield with text in
> using a font that I've already embedded for actionscript use (it has
> a * after it's name). I've motion tweened these to move across the
> screen, starting at 0 alpha and becoming 100 alpha at the end of the
> tween (so movement and alpha tween).
>
> The problem is that the alpha doesn't seem to be working. I've
> replaced the type with a random shape and the alpha works again so it
> seems to be something to do with the embedding but I'm not sure what.
>
> hope you can help
> obie

Rich
http://www.LearningActionScript3.com