I don't think you can use Flex style meta tags in Flash - at least it has never worked for me.

But with Astro device fonts act like embedded fonts (anti-aliased etc) so that I will get away with not using embedded fonts too much - well I am hoping so but may be I'm wrong :)

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

SJM wrote:
Ive read a load of sites that reference that way of doing it, however id does
not seam to work in AS3. Further down the page the guy who writes the blog it
is says this...

Tink Says: January 2nd, 2007 at 1:39 am Flash doesn't understand any meta tags. There is no need to use this method in Flash as you can embed the font in the IDE. Granted it would be nice if Flash did understand the embed tag though. Gianluca Says: January 6th, 2007 at 11:21 pm So how to embed font in Flash as3? Tink Says: January 7th, 2007 at 4:52 pm Same as AS 2.0. Either have the font in your library or create a TextField on the stage and embed the characters you want.
Is this correct? is the only way to embed the font in the IDE??

SJM
----- Original Message ----- From: EECOLOR To: Flash Coders List Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:19 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] AS3 - Embeding Fonts

  Second link on google: http://www.tink.ws/blog/embedding-fonts-in-as3/