To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:51 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Blank flash problem...

Hi,

I have a live site where a friend of mine just sees a black page - the Flash is written in with SWFObject, but after this nothing happens and he sees a black screen - the movie bg colour is #000000

   http://www.sas.org.uk/education/sos/

This is in Win XP - Firefox 2.0.0.14 with the latest release of Flash Player 9.0.124.0 - it also happened with an older version 9.0.45.0 (Debug), but we upgraded to try and discover the source of the problem.

The site works fine in IE on his machine and a mirror of the site on another domain works fine in FF. All the files are local to the site, so no cross-domain issues here.

So the question is, do any of you have the same setup as above Win/FF 2.0.0.14 FP > 8 and if you visit the URL do any of you just get a blank screen?
   Or, do any of you have any suggestions as to what to look for?

   If it works, you will get "TV" which loads a cartoon guy, etc. etc.

   Thanks in advance.

   Glen.
--

Glen Pike