On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Viktor Hesselbom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> It's quite obvious that Rectangle doesn't have scaleX and scaleY.
>
> Why would you need it for the Rectangle class anyway?
> What use for it could you possible have?

What use could I possibly have? well, one use... I used it to
calculate the draggable area of an object using startDrag(), and that
worked well, like so:

var rectangle:Rectangle = new
Rectangle(e.currentTarget.parent.gutter.x,e.currentTarget.parent.gutter.y,e.currentTarget.parent.gutter.x,e.currentTarget.parent.gutter.y+e.currentTarget.parent.gutter.height-e.currentTarget.height);
e.currentTarget.startDrag(false,rectangle);

But then I tried to use it for calculating image size and positioning
prior to the image being loaded, and thats where I ran into the Scale
problem. Anyhow, I used an old fashioned Maths to calculate it
instead, so I'm good, thanks to all for the suggestions.

.m