Been working to much and too long!
Thanks for the tip, it worked :)

Cheers,

Sid
On May 29, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Matheus Gorino wrote:

Maybe a typo error?

Check your code:
var formatInput:TextFormat = new TextFormat( );
formatInput.font = "AvantGardeLight";
formatInput.color = 0x000000;
format.letterSpacing = 1;
formatInput.size = 14;
searchFieldCountry_txt.defaultTextFormat = formatInput;

See that you used "format" instead of "formatInput" for letterSpacing.