In my implementation of mvc, data objects (in the model) have external images associated with them The presentation is non-linear, and data objects can be displayed in any of several different views, depending on the context.

Currently, I'm using the Loader component to load images into a specific view. This works okay for on-the-fly loading, but there's a delay. I'd like to be able to preload the images into data objects in the model, and then instantiate, borrow or otherwise duplicate the already loaded image into a specific view.

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this in AS2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!