Hi everyone,

I'm happy to tell you that you can use the second version of BaseUI.

It will help you to handle the positions and sizes; it makes things easy
when you want to manage backgrounds and assets behaviors in a liquid or
fixed flash site.

In this new version, I reproduce what the Flex Builder has in his interface.
BaseUI will allow you to use properties on a DisplayObject like: top,
bottom, left, right, horizontalCenter, width and height, also with
percentage, etc...

Be able to use easily percent width and height is opening new possibilities,
I let you have a look at the demo:
http://www.soundstep.com/blog/source/baseuiv2/demo/

little explanation here:
http://www.soundstep.com/blog/2008/06/23/flash-liquid-layout-with-baseui-ver
sion-2/

the BaseUI page:
http://www.soundstep.com/blog/downloads/baseui/

This version is NOT an update, the code written for the previous version
won't work with this one.

I hope you'll enjoy it and let me know what you think about.

Romu
www.soundstep.com