@Eric: Thanks. Downloading the trial now.

@Paul - yeah screengrabs aren't considered a problem (the documents are so
huge that nobody is likely to bother).

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Paul Venton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I take it they're not worried about the user taking screen grabs and email
those off?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stuart
Campbell
Sent: 26 June 2008 13:23
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] Document viewer

Hi,

I have a project where I need the client to be able to view documents in
the
browser (PDF, Word, RTF and Excel). However, the requirement is that the
person viewing the document can never save the file and can never get their
hands on it in order to email it to someone etc.

It seems to me that a Flash viewer would be well suited to this kind of
control. However I am not quite sure how to go about it. Is there a Flash
implementation of a viewer that supports these file formats? Would I need
pre-process the files and put them into swf format?

Has anybody had to do anything similar?

Many thanks in advance

Stu