natalia Vikhtinskaya wrote:

> Is that correct that not possible to show Hebrew text in Flash? It
> seems I can embed font but can not show right-to-left text.

With the current Flash Player (9), no, bidirectional text is not supported.
It will be included in Flash Player 10, though. I believe that is due out
this summer (northern hemisphere).

There are workarounds, though. I know an Israeli woman who managed to get
Hebrew text to display in FP 9. I think she used several different text
boxes, though, and more or less arranged them the way they should be.

Input is the real hard part. I don't think there is a reasonable way to do
it in FP 9. I haven't even heard if FP 10 will support bi-di input. I
suspect it will, but I've not heard confirmation from Adobe on that.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson